"Don't limit your challenges, Challenge your limits"
Need a real challenge? The AMZ racing team is going all out in building an electric race car that can beat the best among the best! Come and join our team to build AMZ's next generation formula student vehicle! Take a deep dive into the fascinating technology that makes our open-wheeler reach levels beyond your imagination.
Join our driverless Team
The driverless applications for the 2023/24 season are open! Please send them to the email-adress email@example.com until the 3rd October, 23:59. Learn more about our team and positions at our exhibition at ETH Centre, HG Main Hall, 26.09 8.00-18.00. Additionally, we're inviting you for our Openday to get a look behind the scenes at our workshop:
Open Day 2024
Join our open day in Dübendorf on the 1st of October, starting from 15.00 in the Event Hall. Please follow this link to enroll.
Joining our team means implementing software/hardware and taking responsibility in the following modules:
You build the senses of the car. Develop a camera system and be creative with the newest vision algorithms and machine learning. Or work with the newest LiDAR technology to detect as many cones as possible. Maybe even fuse them together, to build one powerful pipeline and push the limits of how fast we can drive.
Combine the inputs from multiple sensors to provide an accurate estimate of the car’s state, build a map of the track while driving using a complex SLAM algorithm, or plan the best way to navigate the track.
Here, it’s all about pushing the car to its limits. Plan the optimal trajectory around the track and develop the algorithms that control the many powerful actuators, to finally be faster than a human driver.
Build on the framework to integrate the software into the car, or improve and expand our Automated Testing System running on our in-house server to allow code improvements without hitting the test track. On the hardware side, design a computer fast enough to execute the driverless pipeline at high speed and tough enough to survive the harsh conditions on board a race car.
Simulation and Data Analysis
High fidelity simulation allows to design, test and tune the software before even going to the track. Accurate modelling of the physics behind an autonomous racecar as well as all its state-of-the-art sensors is a fascinating challenge. You’ll be able to conceive and build this simulator: the goal is to build a powerful and intuitive tool not only for testing the amz autonomous pipeline but also for decision making and scenario analysis
Join our electric team
- MAVT FOCUS PROJECT INFORMATION SESSION: to be determind The AMZ Racing Team is always looking for enthusiastic young engineers! Are you a student at a Swiss university of applied sciences, university or ETH Zurich/Lausanne. Additionally, are you curious, motivated and enthusiastic about motorsport? Then apply to us and take the chance to work with the most successful Formula Student Electric team in the world! Get a unique opportunity to collect practical project work and to turn your own ideas from paper into reality and to test them in practice.
Starting from may 2024 you can apply for the season 2024/2025.
Application information for MAVT and ITET Focus students
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Beginning of June
- DATES FOR THE INTERVIEWS: Mid of June
- CONFIRMATION BY: End of June
- APPLICATION BY MAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (application must be sent to both addresses) and via the application form from D-MAVT (must be made via both)
A CV, a letter of motivation and a current transcript of grades from MyStudies are required for the application. 20 credit points can be earned as part of the focus project (20 ECTS focus project, 8 ECTS supporting lecture).
Application information for freelancers (any course & academic year)
- DEADLINE FOR THE APPLICATION: Mid of June
- DATES FOR THE INTERVIEW: End of June
- CONFIRMATION BY: Beginning of September
- APPLICATION BY MAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org There is no predefined number of participants for freelancers. The project can be carried out parallel to the courses. A CV and a short letter of motivation are required for the application.
Application information for other project participations
- NO SPECIFIC DEADLINES
- APPLICATION BY MAIL TO: email@example.com There are various other ways to participate in the AMZ Racing Team. Semester and master’s theses can be written as part of the project. The supervisors have to be organized by the students themselves, but the AMZ will help with finding a topic.
After the first contact, the details will be clarified individually.